ICON RACING -LFS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeICON RacingLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Zanetti

Number of posts : 217
LFS Username : D.Zanetti
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? Empty
PostSubject: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

Just bringing the attention to this guy http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=46267, could be a good asset for the team, i have PM'd him and told him to"'visit our website, sign up and make a post, Joe or Darren will contact you", hope you dont mind Razz.

Regards,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Pantera70

Pantera70

Number of posts : 275
LFS Username : Pantera70
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:21 am

A few good comments from the right people is always a good start, plus stats look good... Only concern is his age... Joe and myself have been in a team with 16/17 year olds and it can get a little silly. But then again it's down to Joe and myself to manage him and the team... Especially as this was one of the main reasons ICON was formed and I quote myself "I want to ensure that ICON is proffessionally managed and we help develop drivers in race craft and general server attitude..." (last night on MRT, prime example)

Anyway, I need some feedback on this one from the whole team... If anyone has seen him online, what was he like, race craft, attitude etc...
Back to top Go down
D.Zanetti

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 am

We could set up a race with Mclarenmatt, hopefully we will all be able to attend, have a few races with him, get to know him and if its possible get him on to team speak.
Back to top Go down
D.Zanetti

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:13 pm

I raced with Mclarenmatt tonight on the UF BR Server, IMO hes a mature competent driver, and would be a good addition to our team. Multiple podiums and clean driving. He has my vote.
Back to top Go down
snoring_snoopy

snoring_snoopy

Number of posts : 391
LFS Username : snoring_snoopy
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 am

Pantera70 wrote:
Joe and myself have been in a team with 16/17 year olds and it can get a little silly.
Oh my god, this was a hard time. Especially the boy who was the "team" manager and restarted every race when he spins or go on grass until he beats you Twisted Evil

Pantera70 wrote:
I want to ensure that ICON is proffessionally managed and we help develop drivers in race craft and general server attitude..." (last night on MRT, prime example)
Our team, especially the management is very proffesionall organized. You both, darren and joe, doing a great job with this team. The adding of grievances will show it again.
I am glad, that i had said "YES" on 5th june Very Happy . I am sure we can hold this high level of our team.
What had i missed at the MRT?

Pantera70 wrote:
Anyway, I need some feedback on this one from the whole team... If anyone has seen him online, what was he like, race craft, attitude etc...
Yesterday i have looked for him to race, but he wasnīt online. His ctra license is a little low, i think. For myself we should be careful with this young boys. (Had to think again about Mr."restart" L Twisted Evil )
I had also found and contacted a guy, matthew56, who wants to drive for a team. Seems to be a friendly and quick guy, but: 18 years old. (sent a pm to joe, last week)
It would be better, we invite possibly new members to our teamserver, like Dan said. Also a trial membership seems possible for me, or to think about it.

To Dan: donīt want to offend you with this statement about young drivers. But i am now about a year on LFS and at this time i saw awful things done by young drivers, from annoying to wrecking the racers who beat them (also on ctra servers)
You are a very good addition to this team and a ecxeption of this young drivers.

Hope this post insnīt too long or too much "drama" lol!
Cheers
Tom
Back to top Go down
D.Zanetti

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 4:31 am

Thats right blame the young guns.... only kidding Wink

Yes i am also very pleased how the team is progressing under you guys. The hardest part with any team is the first year, your doing a great job Smile

A trial membership could be a good idea, a trial lasting a month, trial drivers have to wear a special tag that is different from the official team drivers. Good suggestion Tom.
Back to top Go down
Joe_Keaveney

Joe_Keaveney

Number of posts : 326
LFS Username : Joe_Keaveney
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 3:13 pm

I'll try to see if I can catch Matt online - it would be great to have a chat and a race with the guy - to be honest just a few races at close quarters and a quick chat is sometimes all that is needed to know that you've got the right guy.

However, I don't seem to catch him online! I'll be on tomorrow on the UF-BR server so if Matt is reading, be there at 8ish mate! Let's see you on the track. I had to go the last time we met, but I'll be there and taking a keen interest this time.

EDIT: I've moved this thread to the Apply to Join area as it's clear Matt is interested.
Back to top Go down
mclarenmatt

Number of posts : 24
LFS Username : mclarenmatt
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey Guy's

Thanks for showing an interest in me.

I totally understand the whole young age situation, i know the last thing you need is a young driver joining the team and messing everything up and ruining a promising team.

I hope to show you that i am a mature and pretty quick racer - i have had a few races with Zanetti and they were clean and really fast races, really good fun!

I am still learning but i believe i am up to a Team level of maturity and speed.

Joe_Keaveney wrote:
However, I don't seem to catch him online! I'll be on tomorrow on the UF-BR server so if Matt is reading, be there at 8ish mate! Let's see you on the track. I had to go the last time we met, but I'll be there and taking a keen interest this time.

I am 99.9% sure i can make it but i will obviously tell you before 8 if i cannot.

This may be my chance to show you guys what i got Smile

Cheers,

Matt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thisismatt.co.nr
D.Zanetti

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Aye me hearties! ill see you at 8 pirat
Back to top Go down
mclarenmatt

Number of posts : 24
LFS Username : mclarenmatt
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks for tonight guys.

Was really good fun racing with you, fighting for position!

I had a chance to show you what i got and i hope its enough to get me in Icon Racing.

From the feedback i got, it seems like i made a good impression Very Happy

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
Matt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thisismatt.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?   Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mclarenmatt - possibly a new member?
Page 1 of 1