ICON RACING -LFS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeICON RacingLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe_Keaveney

Joe_Keaveney

Number of posts : 326
LFS Username : Joe_Keaveney
Registration date : 2008-05-15

ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6 Empty
PostSubject: ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6   ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Tonight I was able to take a win and a 2nd place in tonight's league races which were held on the Blackwood Grand Prix track. This track as you all know is one of those tracks that looks so simple but in fact takes a lifetime to master.

Setup was actually provided by Stoney from the DBP team as I was unable to practice due to a power cut in my village which kept me off the track until about 2 minutes before 1st Qualifying started! Phew! So thanks to him for his generous and sporting spirit!

Like last week's racing, my result in Round 5, tonight's first race, was a result of many spins and mistakes by driver's ahead. I was able to drive consistently enough to keep it on the track for a solid 2nd place.

In 2nd Qualifying, I drove a good lap to take 2nd place on the grid alongside [SCVE]Red. Although I lost a couple of places at the start, I was able to keep the pressure on and make my way back up to 2nd. From there I kept the pressure on DBP Sly_Guy passing him on the 11th lap (I think) before his tyres wore out and he dropped back off the pace to take 2nd behind me.

Look forward to the replays! The 2nd race is very good!

Good night, and happy racing!

Joe Keaveney
Back to top Go down
snoring_snoopy

snoring_snoopy

Number of posts : 391
LFS Username : snoring_snoopy
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: WOW!!!   ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 12:12 am

Hi !

I have seen both replays: W O W !!!

In Race 1, after this incident in lap 1, with cutoff in your village, less practise on track, a unknow setup and a (seems so in replay) very oversteering car during the race, to safe second place, man, that was a very hard but excellent work from you.

In Race 2, you took a brilliant set out of your hat. After taking the lead (in round 10) passing sly_guy hard, but fair and clean, your were bringing the win home safely.

Congratulation to you for both great races Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Joe_Keaveney

Joe_Keaveney

Number of posts : 326
LFS Username : Joe_Keaveney
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6   ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 am

Where did you get the replays? Let me see, let me see!!!

Thanks for the congrats Tom, next season we'll all race!

Joe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6   ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6 Empty

Back to top Go down

ICON JOE - Formula 500 Formula BMW League - Rounds 5/6
Page 1 of 1